Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recommend a "Best Design Practices" type book? (SI, routing, digital, some analog)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tecmec

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Recommend a "Best Design Practices" type book? (SI, EMI, routing, mixed A/D)

I'm looking for a few book recommendations. I've graduated with an EE degree, and now hold a hardware design position at a small company, but I feel like I'd like to learn a lot more. Obviously, having completed a 5 year EE program, I've got a reasonable grasp of the the basics, but the more I learn about the practical stuff at work (Signal Integrity, EMI considerations, etc.) the more I want to know.

So I guess I'm looking for a generic book that covers practical design considerations: Signal Integrity, EMI, PCB routing, relating to mixed A/D circuits. (yeah, everything). To clarify though, I don't just mean SI and EMI considerations during PCB laytout, but also during schematic design.

Like I said, I've got a little bit of background in these sorts of topics. I worked for 4 months at Alcatel-Lucent just doing Signal Integrity measurements on RAM interfaces, etc on their service routers. That taught me a fair amount about SI in general, but not so much about how to design for it. I've also got a handful of mildly complex PCB designs under my belt. So I'm looking for something that's kind of introductory, but goes a lot further than just hobbiest stuff.

Please share your favourite book!

Brad

Last edited:

Re: Recommend a "Best Design Practices" type book? (SI, routing, digital, some analog

That's not the type of topic I'm looking for at all. And I'm familiar with how to search for books using Google, Amazon, and the like. I'm looking for some personal recommendations from fellow engineers, rather than just poking around Amazon.

Thanks,

Brad

Re: Recommend a "Best Design Practices" type book? (SI, EMI, routing, mixed A/D)

I can recomend those books :

-High Speed Digital Design "A Handbook of Black Magic"
-High Speed Propagation Signal "Advanced Black Magic"
-Signal Integrity "Simplified"
-Signal Integrity Issues and Printed Circuit Board Design

My friend is selling all them by half of the price practiced on market.

+++

Re: Recommend a "Best Design Practices" type book? (SI, routing, digital, some analog

Hi,

The ART of Electronics "Horwitz"

the most usefull practical book for newly graduated EE students.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back