Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Receiver Antennas - Is radiation pattern required???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sindhuvel92

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Pl help me out with this.... :!:

Do we need to analyse the radiation pattern of the antenna for selecting a receiver...
Pl. Help me understand this with explanation...

Thanks in advance...:p

Hi Pl help me out with this.... :!:

Do we need to analyse the radiation pattern of the antenna for selecting a receiver...
Pl. Help me understand this with explanation...

Thanks in advance...:p

Certainly you need to know your antenna if you want to use it in a well operating system.
You should know that antennas can be used as transmitting and receiving ones.
Specifically for receiver, the antenna should be directed to the transmitting antenna to receive the wanted signal as best as possible. The radiation pattern has also the side lobes which are important to know as they can and do pick up interfering signals you certainly do not want to get to your receiver.

The importance of antenna radiation pattern increases with frequency; microwave antennas can be ,made very directional or with a very high gain. Also antenna polarization features are important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back