Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reading JPEG file header to retain the image from SD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssureshtronics

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'm working with the TFT lcd module development featured with SD interface. Already I done dislpaying BMP images from the SD to LCD by simply reading the BMP header and manipulating the RGB infm and displaying them in the LCD. I'm using C8051F124 MCU with the macronix flash. Coming to the point. I like to display even the JPEG images to add strength to my module after struggling a bit i fou nd how to read the JPG header info (SOI, APP0, DQT, DHT, SOF, SOS, EOI).
The image can be compressed in different methods, but in my image it was compressed in Baseline DCT method. Even i finished of reading the markers and segments i can't re-construct my image from those informations. components used in the information was CYbYr format and also i've quantization table also.

Short and neat question is, How to get back the JPEG images stored in SD using MCU (without using any bmp to hex converter like that)

Anybody came across such a work or anybody shined on that, please suggest me to proceed.

dont do multile post of same topic in different threads....

I just want to post in Embedded and Real time Forum, mistakenly i posted on PC programming. But this is not the solution i expected

Status
Not open for further replies.