Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Read multimedia from MicroSD and display on HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

aminpix

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a zynq board with HDMI and MicroSD card on it. In my project, I should read an image (and later a video) file from the MicroSD and show it through the HDMI display.
Is there any recommended architecture for it?
Should I use PS to read the file and send it to the HDMI IP in PL or I should use PL to read the files from MicroSD?
Any recommended IP?

Solution
If BRAMs are insufficient then the only way out is to use external DDR* memory as the frame buffer memory.

See this XAPP or use the latest version of it for an idea!
XAPP792 (v1.0.1) October 16, 2012
Designing High-Performance Video Systems
with the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC
Using software that runs on the Zynq (PS) to read the image from SD card will be easier that implementing the same functionality at the PL. Once the image is read you can send it to the related IP at PL and send it out via HDMI .

Using software that runs on the Zynq (PS) to read the image from SD card will be easier that implementing the same functionality at the PL. Once the image is read you can send it to the related IP at PL and send it out via HDMI .

The read file will be huge (few MegaByte), where can I save it? we have limited BRAM on PL side. How can I demonstrate it on HDMI?

If BRAMs are insufficient then the only way out is to use external DDR* memory as the frame buffer memory.

See this XAPP or use the latest version of it for an idea!
XAPP792 (v1.0.1) October 16, 2012
Designing High-Performance Video Systems
with the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back