Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Read data and conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

javaboy

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI fellows;
I am working in oil and gas department. I have 8 signals of zero to 10v DC and 15 signals of 4-20 mA. I want to read that signal through parallel, serial or USB port which ever u suggest better option.
But i am new in this field. Is that signal directly read from the ports or required to convert in digital data if yes how can i develop the circuit to change the format of signal which is easy to read through any port.
Secondly which electronics compnent or circuit diagram i need how to convert?
Regards
Khalid

u have to use analog to dgital converter to read the voltage signals through the rs232 device

Plz guide me how can i ? In first phase i construct it then i will go for the software side. Have u any circuit diagram which help me or which ADC i used for that numbers of signals?
Is it any cheeper component available to fullfill this task with software and where from i buy?
I live in pakistan.
Regards

Dears;
Help me on this issu.
Regards

it will be very difficult for a newbie to construct adcs and write the software for PC.

instead , i suggest you to buy a readymade device for such applications.

what is your os ?

if you can buy you can post for suggestion such devices.

Dear;
I passed the computer science degree as well as electrical engineer. I have a little bit experience to control the relay board from javax.comm technology through parallel port.
Sir;
If u guide me first to how to build the hardware then first i build it or tell me the starting point or guide me properly i want cheapest solution please. After that i move towards software section. I used window xp PRO sp2.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back