Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Raspberry Pi Control Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max62

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I'm doing a research on what devices can be used for analog and digital control using a Raspberry Pi for a home control application.

For I need some hardware that can acquire and drive digital lines and measures temperatures. Instead of a PLC I want to use a RPi because I think it gives me more flexibility.

Does somebody know some IO Modules which can be assembled in a switch cabinet and which can be connected to a computer via USB? I fear that the common IO Modules do not support linux.

I appreciate your help.

Best regards

Max

Hello Max,
What you can do is to use the signals of the pinhead connector of the RPi. But you have to be careful because the signals are not ESD protected and you should not connect your electronic to the lines directly.
I used in the past the LucidControl IO Modules together with the Raspberry Pi and the Beagle Bone Black in order to control electronics in my house. Maybe that's something for you, too.

John

For I need some hardware that can acquire and drive digital lines and measures temperatures.

Have a look at the "1wire" standard. It is popular in home automation for such tasks, and interfaces easily with your Raspberry Pi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back