Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Radio in which signal processing is done by a software

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnetra

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it feasible to design a radio, such that all the signal processing is done by a software. I mean can the filtering, mixing, demodulating process done simply by a software rather than using electronic devices?

Re: Radio

hi,

though i get ur question not that right, in my view, they can be made very well using software. i mean this mixing, filtering etc... if u want 2 integrate them into a hardware with all the processing in a software, then it would make the whole process slow, and to run the software again, u ll have 2 program them in a pc or specific dsp processors or fpgas or microcontrollers... so, either way, i think is better opt for easier and simpler electronic devices.. which would give u more experience.. than 2 pprogram again and again softwares.. hope i got the question right adn had a suitable answer.

/cedance

I'v been interested in this for a long time. Last year I made a kit with blackfin. THe modulation and demodulation is easy to do. the most hard work is noise reduction.

mike

Radio

i am confused how will you do the analog modulation and demodulation with software , can i have any schematics or links

manaman said:
i am confused how will you do the analog modulation and demodulation with software , can i have any schematics or links

An ADC at the front end of Rcvr will do the Analog-to-Digital Translation, for performing the demodulation. But with the concept of SDR ( Software Define Radios), the whole process can be controlled using the s/w.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back