Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

qulifications of a designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rishabkailas

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai All
what are qulifications required for a good PCB designer in todays& future market?

rishab

step by step with market!!!

bzwzy

May be he should be familiar with some tools like protel and PSD.
He should be familiar with concepts of signal integrity, and should know different kind of packages well. he should better have some real experiences making big high pin count pcbs, and they are much much more...

Minimum B.E & B.TECH with ELECTRONICS major.

ur qualification depends up on complexcity of pcb that u r designing,if ur making simple pcb then u may be diploma holder (electronincs)
if ur working on high speed design board then u should minimum a B.E,.B.TECH,
GOOD LUCK.

nikhil

I think the best qualification is simply your hand-on working experience, and the complexity of the projects you have ever involved, and your roles in the projects.

If you don't have hand-on experience, most companies may ask for better educational background, say if you are graduated from a good university, it
may be (may be not) a plus.

U need to know about Signal Integrity (SI) and its tools.

You should learn about how to do the good layout which you could find in the internet. For high-speed PCB, you should have the knowledge about signal integrity as well.

Hi,
Qualification is most imortant for Pcb layout design to new (beginner) designer. I think minimum should be BE (Elect & Comm). Beacuse in next some comming year High speed design will play major role in EDA industries. And in high speed design to many issue will come. To face these type of issue i think BE or B-Tech will be better.
But in other word i want to say If 4-5 year experienced diploma holder also can face or solve high speed issue. He can design very good layout . In that case BE or B-Tech is not important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back