Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions about Mixed-signal circuit simulation in PSPICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynesuvol

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone!

I am new to Pspice and I want to simulate a mixed-signal circuit. I have a question about the digital component library in Pspice. Like the logic gates in 74HC library, are these gate ideal model? Or these gates already come with their parameters, like propagation delay, input/output capacitance?

Thanks a lot!!!!

the spice model have all the parameters to actually design them in circuit. They are better than ideal typically and give a more practical-simulation. You should be able to find all the details for the compoenent in the "model file" voltage..etc.. Typically propagation delay is computed based on various parameters. Capacitance will be a composite of different capcitances for the model but simply put, I would use the spice model to obtain your input and output capcitances

74HC models are with real life gate parameters. They are not ideal models. Ideal models can be found in dig_prim library. To find more details about the GATE device or model parameters, refer the PSpice reference manual.

74HC models are with real life gate parameters. They are not ideal models. Ideal models can be found in dig_prim library. To find more details about the GATE device or model parameters, refer the PSpice reference manual.

Thanks! I think I can also add input/output cap and delay element to the ideal digital logic to make it more realistic~

Status
Not open for further replies.