Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions about LNA output design

Status
Not open for further replies.

xuebi

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Now I'm designing the output part of LNA and I found little literature focused the output design of LNA. The following are my questions:
1) The LNA will be connected to the next stage. How to include the next stage input impedance when I simulate LNA using SpectreRF?
2) I use the shunt peaking technique for output design. The gain will be gm*RL*Q. In the output part, C represents the whole capacitance including output capacitance of transistor, parasitics and next stage input capacitance. How can I decide the value of L and R?
Please help me. Thanks a lot!

hai

1. you will match inputof the second stage by increasing the outputport resistance and combining with the balun .

2.as per my knowledge no ned of considering capacitance.you will get the values of R, L by using simple RLC resonance circuit formulae.

regards

Added after 2 minutes:

could you explain me how u will get the inputmatching for VHF range

i had posted suggetions but i didnt get any reply from you

please send me the circuit if possible.

regards
sree

Generally speaking, the input impedance of the next stage is very high, so I can not check the power gain or S21 of the previous stage (LNA). I can just check the voltage gain of the LNA. Then how can I design the output network of the LNA?

By the way, VHF band is for DAB or DMB applications.

Could you please send me the circuit.

thanks and regards

Status
Not open for further replies.