Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question on noise_table function in verilogA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoflash

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello:

Some verilogA functions, such as noise_table, require a vector for content of the function.

For example, function noise_table(vector, noise_name).

The variable vector is required to be a two column vector, one is for frequency, the other is for noise power. Currently, I can only manually input the data points inside the noise_table function in below way:

noise_table({1,2,3,4},"name");

My question is that how I define this vector in a text file and load it into the verilogA model (inside hspice test bench).

Thanks,
Neo

Thanks for the suggestion.
I understand the syntax of noise table. But I would like to define the data in a independent text file, and load it in verilogA model.

Can't find the doc on the related syntax.

To do that First you create a cellview with veriloga-editor in the spectre,for example named "vco",and then "vco" will appear in the cell and "veriloga" will appear in the "view" box.
It's a text file you can edit with noise table function. When you exit the file the system will compile it . If no syntax error is reported then the system will ask if you want to create a symbol for the cellview.
Choose "Yes" you can edit the symbol.
Now you "load" the file to veriloga model!

Good luck!

To do that First you create a cellview with veriloga-editor in the spectre,for example named "vco",and then "vco" will appear in the cell and "veriloga" will appear in the "view" box.
It's a text file you can edit with noise table function. When you exit the file the system will compile it . If no syntax error is reported then the system will ask if you want to create a symbol for the cellview.
Choose "Yes" you can edit the symbol.
Now you "load" the file to veriloga model!

Good luck!

That is what I do... but what I would appreciate is some suggestions how to include diffrent noise_table for different frequency bands:

//pseudo code: start
if (freq < freq_1) V(out) <+ noise_table({ ... })
if (freq > freq_2) V(out) <+ noise_table({ ... })
//pseudo code: end

where freq, freq_1, freq_2 are passed as params.
Thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back