Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question on NAND flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshmanNewbie

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm using this device - USB2244 and connecting it to an 8-pin NAND flash.

Leaving the TXD pin of this device as NC.

I want to know whether there's an option to make the device go into low power or standby mode.

Like, from the electrical characteristics table, I see two current values. One is for normal active and the other is for suspend current state (page 33).

In that case, there should be an option to make the device go into the suspend state right?

Question 1: In this case, my USB2244 is always connected to NAND flash. In that case, does the USB2244 device always be in the RUN state?

Question 2: Does the SD_clock pin from the USB2244 always generate the frequency to the NAND flash or does it only generate when there's any communication between the devices?

Question 3: As asked before, is there any way to make the USB2244 device go into low power mode as subtly indicated by the suspend current value? Or if not, does the NAND flash through the CMD pin, make the USB2244 device go into low power mode?

Thanks in advance.

There’s no definition of what the mythical “suspend” is, or how to get there. Nothing on the Microchip website, either. I’m running into this more and more with Microchip, and I think it’s due to the fact that they’ve bought out other companies that produced crappy documentation, and they’ve not updated it. I suggest you contact Microchip directly.

The device is specified to support flash media with built-in controller like SDcard or MMC. What memory type is your NAND flash, sure it's supported?

Hi,

it is USB_suspend (state).
It is defined in the USB 2.0 specification.
And the host can put USB devices into suspend mode to reduce power consumption... and wake up...

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.