Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question on Chip Architecture!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakthikumaran87

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Experts,

Am trying to understand the general chip Architecture. I have a very basic question. In the chip, we give a base address to all the attached components. For ex. assume i am giving the addr 0x4000 to I2C block, then i can access the I2C registers using the base addr from CPU. I am clear till this. But my question is from where this base address is derived? Will it be with respect to CPU. I understand that the architects will specify this in the memory map, but from where his memory map is derived(or what is a memory map and from whre and to what it corresponds to??). May be a absurd question, but if anyone could explain it with an example, it would be of great help to me.

Thanks in Advance.
SK.

Base addresses for slave blocks are derived from address decode mechanism in interconnect matrix. Thats my understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back