Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

question of quadrature upconversion mixer simulation in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeryxin

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
quadrature upconversion mixer

I simulated a gilbert cmos quadrature upconversion mixer in ADS. According to 'RF transmitter architectures and circuits' by Razavi, the output frequency should be cos(freq_LO-freq_BB). However, my HB simulation gave both (freq_LO-freq_BB) and (freq_LO+freq_BB) components together with the same amplitude. After that, I plotted transient simulation result in frequency domain, the difference of (freq_LO-freq_BB) and (freq_LO+freq_BB) components is about 50dbc. Obliviously, transient simulation gave me a correct answer, but I wonder why HB simulation not!

Re: question of quadrature upconversion mixer simulation in

could u upload the project to check it
khouly

Please see the figure. HB or transient, which one should be trusted?

jeryxin said:
I simulated a gilbert cmos quadrature upconversion mixer in ADS. According to 'RF transmitter architectures and circuits' by Razavi, the output frequency should be cos(freq_LO-freq_BB). However, my HB simulation gave both (freq_LO-freq_BB) and (freq_LO+freq_BB) components together with the same amplitude. After that, I plotted transient simulation result in frequency domain, the difference of (freq_LO-freq_BB) and (freq_LO+freq_BB) components is about 50dbc. Obliviously, transient simulation gave me a correct answer, but I wonder why HB simulation not!

hi,

what's the number of harmonics in your HB simulation component?

-Increase the harmonic number and "oversample" ratio ( for instance 8 or 16 ) and try once more..
-Don't trust too much transient simulation of ADS, use spectre instead..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back