Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question of phase plot init point (180 vs 0 deg)

Status
Not open for further replies.

freescale_bharat

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
phase plot

I have seen that sometimes phase plot starts at 180 deg and progresses towards 0 deg OR it starts at 0 deg and goes towards -180 deg.

Can anyone explain the reason.

Thanks

Re: Question of phase plot

freescale_bharat said:
I have seen that sometimes phase plot starts at 180 deg and progresses towards 0 deg OR it starts at 0 deg and goes towards -180 deg.
Can anyone explain the reason.

Thanks

The explanation of the reason for different phase functions is very simple:
In both cases the circuitry is different. (But I am not sure if you are satisfied now; but that´s the only answer one can give to the above question).

Question of phase plot

I would say, if the phase sarts with +180 deg you see an inverting Amp. If it starts with 0 deg you see an non inverting Amp.

Question of phase plot

it depends which input you take as reference. As edge_tv said, when the phase starts at +180 is because you are using the inverting input as reference for the AC analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.