Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question - micro timer IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GH Crash

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have an idea floating around in my head but everything depends upon finding a micro size timer chip. The timer just has to turn on/off a MOSFET. By micro, I mean a chip smaller than a postage stamp.

Does anyone know of a micro size low voltage IC timer? All I need is the part number of such a timer, or where to I might find out more information about micro timers.

Thanks for any help you can give.

George

ATTINY85 has this package -

1662940226709.png

W/O using a xtal ATTINY85 has this accuracy -

1662940414520.png

Regards, Dana

Not to spoil the adventure aspect of this, but have you looked for small timers on eBay, Google's photos, etc.?

Or the kitchen gadgets aisle at MartMart? I have a bunch of little $0.99 kitchen timers in my lab, LCD and buttons, guts are probably your postage stamp size, one watch battery.

Strip it and connectorize the LCD and pushbuttons as a "programming fob", lose the piezo element (its drive might run you a photoMOS?) and you've Muntzed it good.

Like a sculptor who "chisels away everything that's not art". Sorta.

Reactions: d123

d123

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back