Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question in Verilog RTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

srinivasansreedharan

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I wrote the following RTL for my I2C project. Dynamic Simulation in Modelsim worked fine for sda_out. But after synthesis I found that sda_out was connected to 1'b1. Also after place and route , the data_in[0] was not connected to any nets.

How do I represent the same in another way?

case(x)
a :
begin
sda_out = data_in[0];
#30 sda_out = 1'b1;
sm = st10;
end

#30 doesn't mean anything to synopsys and is getting ignored. you are assigning two values to a single variable in one process so synopsys usese the last assignment and ties your varable high.
you need an enable it usually is called sda_oen. Ues this enable to know the direction of your data. This output enable is usually generated from scl. see I2c design on OPEN CORE site for more details.

srinivasansreedharan said:
Hi,
I wrote the following RTL for my I2C project. Dynamic Simulation in Modelsim worked fine for sda_out. But after synthesis I found that sda_out was connected to 1'b1. Also after place and route , the data_in[0] was not connected to any nets.

How do I represent the same in another way?

case(x)
a :
begin
sda_out = data_in[0];
#30 sda_out = 1'b1;
sm = st10;
end

Hi ,
need to remove the " # " and try giving delay using some temp registers...

Yeh, the code, you have wrote, is not a synthesizable code, you should have some warning when the line with # has been read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back