Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about Synthesis in DC/DA of Synopsys

Status
Not open for further replies.

bajahaya

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I would like to clarify a query.

1) Can you tell me the reason for specifiying the Delay's(Input and Output) for any entity before the synthesis is done ? What is the reason behind that?

2) Do we have any automatic insertion of buffers for the input/output port for an entity during synthesis ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
ALI

bajahaya said:
Hello all,

I would like to clarify a query.

1) Can you tell me the reason for specifiying the Delay's(Input and Output) for any entity before the synthesis is done ? What is the reason behind that?

Because they are defining the goals of your synthesis. You can do a syntheis without any specified IO delay, but this would not be realistic.

bajahaya said:
2) Do we have any automatic insertion of buffers for the input/output port for an entity during synthesis ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
ALI

What do you mean by "automatic buffers insertion" ?
Are you reffering to IO pads?

Please clarify!

Yes, Buffer Insertion what i mean is to drive for I/O Pads from the core ?

bajahaya said:
Yes, Buffer Insertion what i mean is to drive for I/O Pads from the core ?

DC has the capability to insert automatically pads for your ports. Please reffer to SOLD about inserting pads.

yes we need pad to be placed.. since this pins are going to contact direct environment.. pad are analog parts which will do noise supression and increase drive strength

Regards
Shankar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back