Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about Star-RCXT: how to debug error during read DB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

david_zheng

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am running DEF/LEF extraction flow using Star-RCXT,and get an ERROR as below:

ERROR: StarXtract
ERROR: Error when parsing DEF file
ERROR: ***/top.def
Warnings:216 Errors:1 (see file readdb.sum)
ReadDB .....

ERROR: StarXtract
ERROR: Read DB Failed (see file readdb.sum)

It seems that def file "top.def" has some issues, tools can't parse it smoothly and report error,but not indicated what wrong with it.I check file readdb.sum,not get more useful information than above log file.
Also I can't get any debug approach from Star_RCXT user guide. Could anyone advise how to debug this error? thanks.

david

Last edited:

one quick pointer could be, just check what is default DEF version that this particular starRCXT was supposed read ? --> u can get that info from Solvenet (synopsys) for starRCXT
Also from your Place & route tool, make sure same version of DEF gets written out.
I think that most of tools should be able to handle 5.7 version of DEF , as this has been in industry for quite sometime.

Also if u think DEF is the problem, u could try reading or loading DEF in a Place & route tool (just for testing)

Hi nav_vlsi,

The issue solved,the def file have no problem,but some marco/std IO lef files not specified in Star-RCXT command.If all related lef file are specified correctly,Star-RCXT work well.
Thanks for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back