Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

question about spectre ac analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsy54hsy

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
when running ac analysis, the defualt circuit stage is @0s
how can I run the ac analysis using the DC bias condition @ other time, for example 200ns?
waiting for your help
thanks

Hi, hsy54hsy
What do you think about running pss+pac analysis for your circuit?
Pls write more information why the DC point at 200 ns differs from the one at 0 s.
Regards, pavel.

hsy54hsy

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
because the bit control signals of one block are generated by another block after some logic canculation
pavel_adameyko said:
Hi, hsy54hsy
What do you think about running pss+pac analysis for your circuit?
Pls write more information why the DC point at 200 ns differs from the one at 0 s.
Regards, pavel.

hsy54hsy said:
because the bit control signals of one block are generated by another block after some logic canculation

You can perform transient simulation to see what values of those control signal would be, then
set them directly and perform dc and ac analysis, that's my idea (but maybe you can't do this, I don't know)
Regards.

Actually, I can run the simulation in the way you mentioned.
BUt I am too lazy to do this and want to look for a more convenient way to do this:)

pavel_adameyko said:
hsy54hsy said:

You can perform transient simulation to see what values of those control signal would be, then
set them directly and perform dc and ac analysis, that's my idea (but maybe you can't do this, I don't know)
Regards.

hsy54hsy said:
Actually, I can run the simulation in the way you mentioned.
BUt I am too lazy to do this and want to look for a more convenient way to do this:)
See

by using trans option write final to save the DC solution. and read initial condition in ac option.

---------- Post added at 06:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 AM ----------

[/COLOR]nothing there

Sorry hsy,
this occurred due to the big rearrangement of the EDAboard forum and all its links. Here is the new link. See my posting from 01-11-2010 06:30 PM, and kishore's answer thereafter.

Thanks a lot for your advise, magic happens:smile:
Sorry hsy,
this occurred due to the big rearrangement of the EDAboard forum and all its links. Here is the new link. See my posting from 01-11-2010 06:30 PM, and kishore's answer thereafter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back