Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about silicide and non-silicide sheet resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

flysnows

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
silicide is used to increase the resistance, but i find that in my 0.18um model file the non-silicide sheet resistance is higher than silicde sheet resistance, can anyone tell me why? is it wrong in the model file?

about silicide

No Silicide is used to decrease the resistance not increase

Re: about silicide

it is the resistance of the underlying layer of silicide was increased. right?

flysnows said:
silicide is used to increase the resistance, but i find that in my 0.18um model file the non-silicide sheet resistance is higher than silicde sheet resistance, can anyone tell me why? is it wrong in the model file?

Silicide layer reduces the resistance.. thus non-silicide layers have a higher sheet resistance..

flysnows said:

The resistance of a salicided area is less than that of the non salicided part.

This might be a bit confusing if you are a layout engineer and have been using salicide layers during your work. The salicide layer that you add during layouts is a negative mask (better known as salicide blockage) and hence is used to remove the salicide from particular areas in the layouts (usually done on the ESD devices).
This way, you are not adding a salicide layer, but removing it and in turn increasing the resistance.

I hope this clarifies the doubts.

--cmos_dude

hi all,

The resistance of a silicided area is less than that of the non silicided part.

This might be a bit confusing if you are a layout engineer and have been using silicide layers during your work. The silicide layer that you add during layouts is a negative mask (better known as silicide blockage) and hence is used to remove the silicide from particular areas in the layouts (usually done on the ESD devices).
This way, you are not adding a silicide layer, but removing it and in turn increasing the resistance.

I hope this clarifies the doubts.

thanx

silicide resistor is smaller than no silicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back