Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

question about quantization error

Status
Not open for further replies.

xz781122

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am reading the book"delta-sigma data converters:theory design and simulation"
i find that the theory about quantization error is difficult to comprehend.Shall I really need to understand all theories on quantization error if i want to design sigma delta converters.

I don't think a complete understanding of quantization erorrs and its statistical properties is needed in the beginning. I guess it really depends on what you're after.
If you're just starting out you should know how to model the quantizer, how its input magnitude basically affects stability (same goes for the quantizer gain), and maybe basic dither essentials. The more you progress with your sigma delta designs the more curious you will become. You will find yourself asking more specific questions which you then can address.

I suggest you can read the book of "Analog Integrated Circuit Design' by John and Martin first. There is one chapter to introduce the "deta-sigma modulator"

Yibin.

Status
Not open for further replies.