Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about a reg to reg path

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlsitechnology

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone tell me about this warning
when i typed this command to clear this violation its giving this kind of warning
setClockDomains -from reg -to reg
1000ns will be added excluding this path
why ?
i have seen the report also but its not adding
any reason for this
?

Reg to Reg path

hello ..

May be i am wrong, I did not understand is that u want to add 1000 ns . But from teh manual wat i learned is u can design a clock bte reg to reg or there are options. this is based on my knowledge is to get timing report.

Please tell us in more detail.

Suresh

Reg to Reg path

see my question is if u want to remove the violation for reg to reg path then we have to specify the clock domains right?
when i specified
setclockDomains -from type reg -to type reg
i got this warning
1000ns will be added for slack adjustments that is for other paths but not for reg to reg path...
take care i hope u understand this statement
u also plz try in encounter and see for any project but for a block
take care

Reg to Reg path

May be its just me, but I don't understand the question. What tool are you using and what are you trying to do? Why do you have to specify clock domains?

Reg to Reg path

i am also getting the same statement wt do u mean by this

paths not in the reg to reg paths are added 1000ns
so wt do u mean by that
Bye take care

Added after 2 minutes:

iwpia50s tell me one thing if i want to remove the violation for a reg to reg path then wt shd i do?
i have to set the clock domain first then i need to remove the violation...i am giving the chance to the tool by giving this
setClockdomains -from reg -to type reg

then optimize that path only
got it
?

iam also getting this in soc encounter tool too
bye take care

Reg to Reg path

Based on the Encounter documentation you set clock domains if you want to optimize a specific clock domain. If you don't specify any, then Encounter optimizes all clock domains. If you have a CDC path then specifying a clock domain to optimize could break the timing on that path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back