Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Queries Regarding GPS/GPRS Modules interfacing with microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

david2106

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone..

I am new to edaboard. I am currently doing a project 'Vehicular Tracking using GSM/GPS modules'. I have no prior idea about these modules. I have to interface them with a microcontroller. Please suggest good GPS and GPRS modules which can be interfaced easily. What microcontroller can I use?? Thank you..!!

have a look at the WISNO228 GSM
**broken link removed**

and SiRFstar IV GPS
**broken link removed**

for this type of application we would use a PIC24 such as the PIC24FJ64GB004 which has two UARTs and USB to allow connection to a PC

one of my fren owns a pic18F4550-17p kit... can it be used???

The pic18F4550 only has one USART so it may be a bit difficult.
probably simpler to buy a cheap PIC24 dev kit such as Microhip's microstick (cost about £15 in UK)
**broken link removed**

it comes with an onboard programmer and a hrader to plug into a breadboard for your circuits

thank u... can u advice about touchscreen display modules to be interfeced with the device??

have a look at
**broken link removed**

you need to draw up a specification of your requirements so you select an appropriate development board.

Status
Not open for further replies.