Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

QT thread termination pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.

danya

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am new to QT programming. I have an application which consists of a thread for file write function which takes time. The user has option also to cancel the file write.I have implemented the cancel button using QT thread::terminate for stopping the file write,but Iam getting seg fault when i press the cancel button.Can anyone comment regarding this,is there any other option other than thread termination,pls help.

You must close the file in the correct manner before to terminate the thread! You do this?

Sorry for my bad english!

First of all , I am not confirming that it will clear your segmentation fault problem , but will assist you in a good way. I also once got this problem , and after reading this I started finding the root cause of this problem in my application and found that I have created a "Dangling Pointer" which was in turn generating this problem. Anyway the link is of wikipedia -
Segmentation fault - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wish you the best .

Regards,
Saubhik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back