Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Q3D capacitance calculation error...

Status
Not open for further replies.

waqsoh

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to find capacitance between two copper plates , these two copper plates are joined by a third plate as shown in figure 1 below. The capcitance is to be found beween signa net 1 and signal net2 , whereas the third conductor joins both of them.
when i try to validate the design it shows following error as shown in figure 2.
Error msg:
Net 'SignalNet1': Incorrect net. Net should contain a completely connected conudctor
Net 'SignalNet2': Incorrect net. Net should contain a completely connected conudctor

Attachments

• edaboard1.PNG
    edaboard1.PNG
    15.4 KB · Views: 193
  • edaboard2.PNG
    edaboard2.PNG
    6.6 KB · Views: 194

I'll bet the simulator needs to see a complete circuit...
also containing some ohmic resistance...
and possibly at least one 0V ground icon...
and possibly a power supply.

A capacitor goes hand-in-hand with a capacitive time constant (C x R). After obtaining that value the simulator can calculate a frame. It uses Ohm's law to determine current through the capacitor, in response to applied voltage.

I'm not sure we know how the simulator evaluates your capacitor construct. Is the third conductor a short across the plates? Did you assign a resistance to it?

I'll bet the simulator needs to see a complete circuit...
also containing some ohmic resistance...
and possibly at least one 0V ground icon...
and possibly a power supply.

A capacitor goes hand-in-hand with a capacitive time constant (C x R). After obtaining that value the simulator can calculate a frame. It uses Ohm's law to determine current through the capacitor, in response to applied voltage.

I'm not sure we know how the simulator evaluates your capacitor construct. Is the third conductor a short across the plates? Did you assign a resistance to it?
I think i didn't formulate the issue clearly ,i will try to make a new thread for the problem..

Hi,

Don't start several thread with same/identical topic. (Read forum rules)
Post the new information here.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back