Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PWM How to Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thudpucker

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I looked at the PWM suggestions and didn't see what I wanted.

I'm going to make Diesel from Algae: Botryococcus braunii
The Oil is in little Capsules called Lipids.

So growing the algae is one process. Then taking the "Mass" (cake) out of the wet mix, drying it , and THEN we finally get to the part where we Crush or dissolve the Lipid capsules, so we have the Oil left over.
Y'all haven't gone to sleep yet have ye?

One method of cracking the lipid capsules is called "PWM". Keep in mind, if I make too much Heat in my process I get a big whoosh as the whole experiment goes up in a big cloud of black smoke.:-(
I don't know how I'd go about making this PWM.;-)
Can somebody with patience point me in the right direction?

PWM in the electronic world is pulse width modulation. You need a transducer to convert the electrical signal to mechanical energy. I assume it will be an ultrasonic transducer of sorts. Give us more detail on the amount of energy that you need to "break" the lipid capsules?

I went to Olalge. Your right it comes with Ultrasonic.
I didn't see anything about watts in the post. I'll get back when I Know!

Status
Not open for further replies.