Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Push Pull via a standard SE stereo IC audio amplifier - help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HankMcSpank

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Ok, I've a unique situation.

I want to use a standard Single Ended stereo amplifier, but to eliminate the output caps, I want each of the L/R channel output 'ground connection' to be tied to a common 1/2 VCC voltage.

Now I know that BTL amps essentially do this (eliminate the output cap), but I have a unique need - the output must be push/pull - ie the Left channel must handle the positive part of the waveform and the right channel must handle the negative part of the waveform (whereas a BTL amplifier will always have the inverse on the opposite leg).

The positive/negative will be split before the amplifier, so that the amplifier only receives the half of the waveform it's to act on.

What component could I use to take the bypass pin of an audio amplifier (ie normally 1/2 VCC), so it would hold that voltage with sufficient drive when connected to the stereo channels' output 'ground leg'.

An obvious one is an opamp as a voltage follower - but stereo amplifier output current wil be about 200mA - do opamps exist with sufficient output drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.