Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] push buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumit garg

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
like if i have two circuits , for their working there are two dfferent pushbuttons(latched)
how is it possible if one circuit is already on and i switched on second circuit by pressing push button and first circuit automatically got shut down.

Hi,

show your schematic .. or at least a sketch..
Also a photo of your circuit can give good informatins. (100kBytes should be sufficient)

Klaus

Hi,

show your schematic .. or at least a sketch..
Also a photo of your circuit can give good informatins. (100kBytes should be sufficient)

Klaus
1661581695118.png

this is a simple schematics where i have 3 switches i want like if i press second switch first and third automatically got off

I fear the term "push button (latched)" can already cause confusion, because push button is commonly associated with momentary (biased) switch action.

Can you clarify if the circuit uses momentary or latched switches?

Hi,

I see you want to show an "arrow sign".
I don´t recommend to do these "mechanical arrangement" in the schematic. Better use text like "Arrow up" and "Arrow down". In the schematic focus on the function. Keep the wiring clean - avoid crossings. Remove everything that is not needed. But add all electronic parts that are needed in the real circuit (like power supply capacitors). Give every part a name. It´s more clear if we talk about "SW1" than "the upper switch"

Then I recommend - before drawing a schematic - write down how you want ti to work. All the several functions and states, Use a table, a truth table, a timing diagram...
(a textual description usually is too lengthy, incomplete and confusing)
consider:
* what should happen after power up
* what if you press SW1 after power up
.. SW2 after power up
... SW3 after power up
* what do you want to happen if yu press SW2 after SW1 was pressed
.. and so on. Really every possible situation.

Then in a real circuit:
* a LED needs a current limiting resisior
* a logic output usually can not drive 5 LEDs in parallel

Klaus

I fear the term "push button (latched)" can already cause confusion, because push button is commonly associated with momentary (biased) switch action.

Can you clarify if the circuit uses momentary or latched switches?
its latched switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back