Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pspice analog or digital output

Status
Not open for further replies.

laguna92651

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have configured a 555 timer in astable mode. I am using pspice, it looks like when I run a time-transient simulation I get the timer output in some sort of digital display. I realize the output will be digital in nature, but I want to see a voltage scale on the y axis, all I get is a 1 or 0 depending where I put the marker. It looks like pspice has determined that this is a digital output and automatically displays it differently. As a test I put a voltage probe on the 10 v supply and I got a second window that showed the typical analog display that I would expect. How can I show the timer output in "analog display" mode? I want to see the actual min and max of the signal. Thanks

place two resitors in series( 100k-1Meg) and 1 ohm to the output and see the output incentre. you will se analog value in analog.

From which library you have picked up 555? If 555 output is digital pin then you may want to add a driver to convert this in desired analog level. Adding a resistor between digital o/p pin and GND would also covert this to analog signal and by default it would be 5V VCC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back