Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PROTEUS 8 PROFESSIONAL (how to alter parameters)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubblecarps

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I'm about to simulate a project and I would just like to ask on how could I change the current rating (I) of my AC sine voltage supply? Thank you to those who would respond.

Unless the model has specific parameters that can be changed, a simulator calculates with ideal models of components.

Don't know about Proteus but could there be an alert you can set for a supply, letting you know if Ampere level exceeds a certain amount?

Unless the model has specific parameters that can be changed, a simulator calculates with ideal models of components.

Don't know about Proteus but could there be an alert you can set for a supply, letting you know if Ampere level exceeds a certain amount?

Hello! I actually have to have a supply rated with 230 V and around 10 A (like a common power supply).

The 10A rating is just the maximum your simulated supply should be able to deliver, it isn't what it actually provides. The rest of your schematic is what decides how much current is drawn from it and your simulation result will probably show the expected figure. I'm not sure whether Proteus raises an alarm if the current is exceeded but it should be able to tell you how much and the profile it follows under different load conditions.

Brian.

The 10A rating is just the maximum your simulated supply should be able to deliver, it isn't what it actually provides. The rest of your schematic is what decides how much current is drawn from it and your simulation result will probably show the expected figure. I'm not sure whether Proteus raises an alarm if the current is exceeded but it should be able to tell you how much and the profile it follows under different load conditions.

Brian.
Hi Brian. Thank you for your response. I saw your point, however, my concern is, in my schematic, I have to incorporate a step-down current transformer in order to show that the AC supply provides high current rating.

Proteus has a lot of 'metters' available; you could just add an amperimetter in series with your transformer and check when current limit value is exceeded.

I think this exercise is asking you to design the transformer so it provides up to 10A. With correct turns ratio.
Sufficient wire thickness in primary.
Sufficient wire thickness in secondary.

Primary side needs to be a certain Henry value. The aim is to admit sufficient current during each cycle, but not overmuch current.

Connect various load resistances. The aim is to supply desired volt level at all loads. If load is absent the primary should not draw (waste) a lot of current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back