Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Protel for SI Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdhar

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was wondering if anyone here has used Protel for SI Simulations? The simulator seems nice, but does it produce results that are reasonable? I have an upcoming design that will involve 10G Ethernet and DDR2, and I want to know if I can stick with protel and use their simulation... or if it doesn't work well. I would prefer to stick with it because I know it best.

P*otel for SI Simulation

Regarding the accuracy of the simulator, you may want to ask their technical support to provide any benchmark report to you.

However, keep in mind, that is just a simulator, the simulation results depend on both the model and the simulator, sometimes, if the model is not accurate, the results may not be correct either.

Further, even the simulation results are reasonable, or looks good, whether they can be applied back to original structure is another question every signal integrity engineer should ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back