Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Protek 506 DMM schematic or service manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozzy44

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi I am in need of service information for a Protek 506 DMM. The ohmmeter function is not working properly as the result of applying voltage while measuring resistance. I get 35 ohms when shorting leads on lowest ohms scale. All other functions work correctly! Can anyone HELP PLEASE! Thanks.

Hello ozzy44, look the pdf´s, service manual Protek 506

Attachments

• 506-1-L.pdf
    134.5 KB · Views: 433
  • 506-1-R.pdf
    117.2 KB · Views: 287
  • 506-2-L.pdf
    150.8 KB · Views: 267
  • 506-2-R.pdf
    106.8 KB · Views: 258
Hello ozzy44 In this link download the Protek 506 service manual.
https://elektrotanya.com/hung-chang_protek-506_dmm_sch.zip/download.html

to get this manual; you need to pass an "electronic test" to register into this guys site, Trying to show he is smarter than others?
the engliish trannslation of the hungarian based makes this test almost impossible to pass. Questions are very diffiicullt to understand whhenn the terms used are wrong
FYI a DC voltage divider needs resistances not impedences. Cant understand how they think a LED TV works

You don't need to pass any test, just download using the download zip file.

to get this manual; you need to pass an "electronic test" to register into this guys site, Trying to show he is smarter than others?
the engliish trannslation of the hungarian based makes this test almost impossible to pass. Questions are very diffiicullt to understand whhenn the terms used are wrong
FYI a DC voltage divider needs resistances not impedences. Cant understand how they think a LED TV works

To burt007;
The zip icon gets me NOTHING. It links to NOTHING I looked at the page source.
Videoson;s pdf are the schematic only which are extremely helpful but are not service manualls though. THe chips shown on the schematic are special purpose with no explaination of what they do or are.Troubleshooting can be difficult to impossible. Is there a service manual on this meter or just schematics?

To burt007;
The zip icon gets me NOTHING. It links to NOTHING I looked at the page source.

Just bought Protek 506 and was searching for manual as it came with CDs, and i've got rMBP without CD-drive and too lazy to get it from my closet entresol...

Finally, you should JUST WAIT for the "processing" under the doc preview square to change itself to Download link. It took about 30 to 50 seconds for me, just while i was observing the whole page for kinda link...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back