Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

project that heats a 5x3x3 foot box

Status
Not open for further replies.

trend

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I have a current project that is inside of a 5x3x3 foot box (basically like a standalone freezer box..without the components to make this box cold).

I would like to heat this unit..when needed (basically I would like to keep this box around 60 or 70degrees)... But I don't want this box to get very dry.. I would like it to stay semi humide

I know I will have to use a temperature sensor.. that part isn't that difficult.

I thought about just hooking up a heater inside and have a relay that turns it off and on.. but I am scared about this catching fire because this box will be by itself for days at a time.

Do you'll have any ideas?

thanks! Lee

Actually, you don't have to worry that using a heater will catah fire as long as you do not expose the heater into open and dry air.
Maybe you can try this:
use the heater to boil water and have it heat the inside of the box by passing it through somekind of pipes (the one that conducts heat) and attach the pipe to be inside the box

what do you mean 60-70 degrees ? celcius?
and where you place your electronic components, if you place its on the box you will have a problem because the heat will destroy your electronic components.
I suggest to try some lamps and the outerbox insulated, for example with sterofoam.

Status
Not open for further replies.