Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] programming microcontrollers with embedded c

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajupj

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi!
an anybody explain me that how embedded c language is converted to assembly language as microcontrollers understand only assembly language:oops:

Microcontrollers don't understand assembly. They understand binary - 0s and 1s.

The assembly language code is converted to a HEX file by the assembler. The C language code is converted to a HEX file by the compiler. According to the HEX file, the programmer programs the microcontroller to save in its program memory data in binary - in 0s and 1s.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

thank u............!!!
then what is used to convert c language to hex file?????
that is what type of interpreter is used to convert.

Last edited:

There are different compilers available for that, depending on the target microcontroller.

For example, for PIC, you have mikroC, CCS C, Hi-Tech C, BoostC, C18, etc
For example, for AVR, you have mikroC, AVR-GCC, CodeVision, IAR, etc

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Tahmid, may I ask.... What compiler do you prefer to use for the C language when working with PIC microcontrollers?
I have been using Hi-Tech C and have found it to be quite handy, but sometimes I wonder if maybe there are more libraries/resources available for other compilers, particularly CCS and mikroC.

Many thanks!

I prefer mikroC. However since you're using Hi-Tech C and find it handy, stick with it. You can get additional library routines/functions from the internet and can always write them yourself. For example, check here: https://www.microchipc.com/sourcecode/

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back