Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems with SIM300 as it doesn't detect the sim card

Status
Not open for further replies.
init simc300

hi selfish
if U see hardware for sim300 (download it from this topic) & use molex simcard holder
U can run correctly sim300
best voltage for vcc of VBAT = 4v & for sim vdd = 2.9v
for checking of work of sim300 use a LED with 1k resistor to GND in vdd_ext pin.

for sim presence connect this pin directly to GND

Added after 3 minutes:

hi huyNX
yes u can use lm117 or lm317 for supply for sim300 but attention first adjust your voltage then connect sim300 because the voltage more than 4.55 is harmfull for it

sim300cz evb schematic

I found a good web site with a working sample project :

**broken link removed**

driver modem sim300cz v3.4 with pc

Silix said:
http://www.utoolkit.com/gsm/

Looks like he did make his own PCB:

**broken link removed**

Well now we only need the gurbers so we can get more boards made at a favorite cheap fab house of our choice!

Anyone would like to post the gurber files of this project?

~B

avr transmit at-command uart

Did someone had PCB plate picture above the photo?

Thank you
Huys

avr transmit at-command

the gerbers has been added recently.
enjoy :D
you can put comments, in case of any questions.
he will reply to you.

sim300 pic diagram

hi
U want a full pCB for sim300 or up document ?

sim300c evb at command

Hai
Sabeti

U want a full pCB for sim300 or up document ?
I'm looking PCB picture(jpeg,gif,etc) for SIM300 EVB...
for gerber..Didn't had program for CAD/CAM
Would like to made my self(low budget)..

Thank's
HC

+cpin: not inserted sim300cz

Didn't had program for gerber..

Perhaps from gerber to pictures files at **broken link removed**

or

picture of EVB SIM300

Thank's
Huys

script sim300 connection site

Recently i've encountered a strange situation with sim300 module. After making a call and issuing an 'ATH' command, the module goes to POWER DOWN mode. It does not happen if i issue a second 'ATH' shortly after the first 'ATH' command.
What are the possible causes sim300 powers down automatically without sending AT+CPODN command?

sim300 power down itself automatically

Did someone had .pdf file for picture **broken link removed**

Thank's
Huys

sim300 how to get better reception

I've downloaded some sim300 module datasheets from the net. i believe these are the latest.

SIM300_ATC_V2.01
SIM300_HD_V4.01

sim300 resets itself

planet69 said:
What are the possible causes sim300 powers down automatically without sending AT+CPODN command?

The module power down itself automatically if the power supply is under minimum requirements. Check the transmission spikes on the supply with a scope and see if they match the minimum requirements from datasheet. As far as I know, the module also power down itself if it's out of temperature range, but I think this is not your case.

/pisoiu

sim300_v7.03 upgrade free download

Hello, dear users of this forum. First, let me introduce myself.

My name is Srecko Lavric and people call me Lucky (=Srecko). My job is a teacher's assistant in electronic lab. Couple of years ago I started working on a project called Aqualink and we are close to starting a production. In this time I came across a lot of engineering problems and solutions too.

Currently I'm working around SIM300D GSM/GPRS module. The main benefit of this module is SMD variant. It can be easily soldered to the PCB without worrying about short circuits and bad solder joints. Also it has so big soldering pads, so you could solder some wires to it and use it on a breadbord.

Here are some important things, which might help someone to solve his problem, and maybe you will save an hour or two.

POWER SUPPLY

Powering GSM modules is very important, because they are very demanding peaces of equipment. Some of you didn't understand what is a transmitting burst. This is the borst of transmitting packets of data. This burst is present, when the module is registering to network, during voice call or when exchanging data in GPRS mode. During the burst the current spikes can be up to 2A, so your power supply must be capable of delivering this 2A during the peak power consumption.
Almost no regulator is capable of regulating the power supply in such manner, that the supply wouldn't fall a little during the burst. It is very important to keep this voltage difference as small as possible. It can be measured with an oscilloscope during a call. When starting a call the transmitter power is at maximum and is decreasing seconds later, when the cell acknowledges module that it can reduce power (in good signal conditions). The best would be digitizing oscilloscope, which can store the result for examination. In no case the voltage drop may exceed 350mV and the voltage may not fall under 3.5V. Please use 4V supply. Don't spare your capacitors. I use 2 capacitors 100uF/6.3V low ESR + 100uF tantalum + 1uF cheramic + 100nF cheramic. It works like a charm.

If your module powers off during TX burst, the power supply is the main reason. After this the module can not be auto restarted. It must be powered with PWRKEY. It is smart to monitor STATUS pin with your application. If it falls to logical 0, then the module is powered off. This pin needs 10k pulldown resistor to operate properly.

COMMUNICATION

Module's default baudrate is 115200bps. When the module powers up and registers the network, it releases an URC (unsolicited result code) "RDY". Newer software versions release "Call ready". Be careful of capital letters. This is issued at 115200.

If you don't want this communication speed (I don't know why not), then your application can issue "AT" command and wait for response. Try tis as long as you ger "AT" <CR> "OK" <CR>.

It is good to switch off the echoing of your commands. this is done with command "ATE0".

You can use only RX and TX pins to communicate with microcontroller, but you must keep in mind, that the length of what you receive can overflow your buffer and some data can be rewritten or truncated. I connected RTS and CTS together for this mode of operation.

Your firmare must be aware, that the module can send URC at any time. If you don't need this URC, you should at least cleas the RX buffer, if you are waiting for some other message.

SIM CARD

Very simple. Use 8 pin sim card holder with SIM presence switch. Connect all together as it must be (SIMCLK, SIMDTA, SIMRST, SIMVCC). Connect one end of SIM presence switch to GND directly, and other one to SIMPRE contact. This is all. If connected properly must work properly. Sometimes the contact on SIM holder or SIM card get dirty. They must be cleaned to work properly.

Another is "+CMS ERROR: 517". This means, that the SIM card is not ready. If you try listing the messages this may occure and sending will fail. You must pay attention to this error, since it can waste you a lot of time. For example, if sending an SMS message, this eror can occure. So better wait for SIM to get ready and then proceed. You can use AT+CMGL="ALL" for this and wait for "OK". Repeat this until you get rid of "+CMGS ERROR: 517".

MODULE RELIABILITY

This is only my oppinion. I used about 120 pcs of theese modules and all of them worked great without any problems and none of them died yet. They work fast and reliable. I'm more satesfied with SIM300D then wit SE (Wavecom) GS64.

I think this is enough for now. If you have any questions, please let me know. If you need some modules, I could offer you a peace or two.

If you have any experience with starting a GPRS communication between uC+SIM300D and UDP server, please give me a hint. I can't solve this puzzle yet. If you have any AT command example of what should be se up before usage of AT+CIPSEND, it will be highly appreciated.

If you came this far with reading, then thank you for your pacience and/or interest and best regards.

Srecko Lavric

P.S. I will publish this also in a new thread. Will se what will develope from this.

simcom-300 module+pdf

Silix said:
http://www.utoolkit.com/gsm/

Silix,

This is really a good work man! Thanks for posting those gerbers. Now we will get some boards fabbed real cheap!

Thanks

**broken link removed**

sm bl not ready problem rectification

Hello.

If you need an original development board, it costs about US$ 100. This includes the board, GSM module, power supply, magnetic antenna and serial cable. I have one for my testing and it works great. If you are interested, I can give you an e-mail from my supplier from Funrock. By the way, this is only info. I don't get any provision from that.

Best regards,

Srecko

sending email through sim300

The picture files are present !

**broken link removed**

carel controller

The picture files are present as well as gerber files.
Picture files of PCB are in PDF format.

**broken link removed**

gsmeval.php

srecko said:
If you need an original development board, it costs about US$ 100. This includes the board, GSM module, power supply, magnetic antenna and serial cable. I have one for my testing and it works great. If you are interested, I can give you an e-mail from my supplier from Funrock. By the way, this is only info. I don't get any provision from that.

I paid $35 for the module, that means the eval board is sold for 100-35=65

Still about double what it cost to make one using silix' gerbers

Thanks silix!

+cms error: 517

Hi Srecko,

Funrock, HK price seems to be better than the local ones. Do they provide email/phone support also? How much is shipping cost and do i have to pay customs?

Please clarify.

sim300_v7.03 at command

Hai...

I'm looking pcb picture of sim300c.The connectors different from sim300cz.

Best Regards
HUys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back