Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems with programming PIC10F using ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sobakava

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to program PIC1F using ICD2 but it fails. I already can use ICD2 for PIC18F family.

My MPLAB is v6.62.00.0

I wrote a simple code and compiled successfully, then I click Programmer->Program

Target has an invalid calibration memory value (0x0) Continue?

message box appears, I click 'OK'.

Code:
ICDWarn0044:  Target has an invalid calibration memory value (0x0).  Continue?
...Erasing Part
...Programming Program Memory (0x0 - 0x17)
...Calibration Memory
Verifying...
...Program Memory
ICD0161: Verify failed (MemType = Program, Address = 0x0, Expected Val = 0x6, Val Read = 0x0)
ICD0275:  Programming failed.
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

and it fails...

I've a simple board for my PIC10F. I connected MCLR, PGCLK, PGDAT pins to corresponding ICD2 header pins and I applied VDD and GND from ICD2 header also...

What's wrong?

icdwarn0044

Anyone??? I am facing the same problem now and I cannot find the answer to it.
I've assembled a board for this 10F206 and I intend to use it to drive 2 devices through serial port. So beyond the pins to the ICD2 programmer, I have a MAX232 connected to the PIC. I've been wondering if the MAX could be the part which is bringing me the problem when it comes to the memory verification part in MPLAB.

pic10f icsp

check the configuration word.

it has taken me some hours until i figured out how configure the 10F200 correctly for ICSP. it is actually no problem to program this device.

if the configuration word is not correct, the device can not be programmed via ICSP. Vpp and /MCRL are sharing one pin.

target has an invalid calibration memory value

hey thanks.. but could you give me a hint on how to do it?
I've never had such a problem when to program any other microchip device :(

Re: Programming PIC10F - SOLVED

I had a simillar problem with pickit2 - after several tries i figured out that it works, if you turn off FAST PROGRAMMING . So the procedure is to select chip type from baseline, turn off fast programming, regenerate osccal, load hex and write..
Cheers, Kerbo

Status
Not open for further replies.