Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problems in clocking Atmega16L

Status
Not open for further replies.

mostafa2004

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working on a project based on https://www.obdev.at/products/vusb/index.html ,
I have an Atmega16L with CKSel: 1111and CKPOT:1 , the crystal is 12Mhz, this worked for the 40 pin DIP but for the TQFP version it does not work, it seems to divide the clock greater than 8Mhz . did any one try something like that ?
thanks in advance

In TQFP package u are using ATMEGA16 or ATMEGA16L?? because there is difference in both. In clock as well as power consumption.

Naveed

both are Atmega16L ,in Dip package it worked fine , but in tqfp it doesnot work with clocks > 8 Mhz

I found the problem , It was in fuse bits , some fuses were wrong , the boot loader fuses, the fuses which worked was Low (11101111 ), High(10001001)

Status
Not open for further replies.