Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems in adding power stripes to power domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

anwei7208

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
power stripes

I created 3 power domains in SOC Encounter. Each has their own power ring. When I tried to add power stripe in each power domains, I have problem. The created stripes do not connect to the power ring of the power domain. And the hard marco also seems to prevent the generation of strips in some area.

Can anyone help me to fix this issue? I have deadline but I'm really totally lost. Thanks very much.

power stripe

I created 3 power domains in SOC Encounter. Each has their own power ring. When I tried to add power stripe in each power domains, I have problem. The created stripes do not connect to the power ring of the power domain. And the hard marco also seems to prevent the generation of strips in some area.

Hi,
You could probably check the following:
1. While adding stripes, check what you have selected in the Stripe Boundary section of the form. I think it should be Core ring, am not sure though.
2. As for the hard macro which seems to prevent the generation of stripes in some area, check if the metal layer you are using for the stripes is blocked over the macro (I remember reading somewhere that hard blocks already have stripes laid out inside them. Hence the possible blockage). Also you could check if the option "Omit stripes inside block rings" is selected in the Advanced tab of the form (this would help only if the block has power rings around it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back