Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with Y vector scaling in an equation for MRC in Matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

awan

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am doing MRC for MIMO in matlab. I mean, this is a very basic question but I am stuck. I am trying to simulate a 2 x 2 systems BER. The equation at receiver I am using is:

y = sqrt(d/M)*s + n

where d is the channel eigen value obtained after SVD. After this I am comparing this y with s symbol by symbol. Idealy the theoratical and practical BER has to match but I am getting always a big difference between matched and theoratical BER.

I know there is something wrong with the Y vector scaling.
So comment how can I improve this thing.

matlab mrc

Hi awan'
To simulate MRC in Matlab should be as follow:
R(t)=y.*conj(fade);
where y is the received signal
fade is the signal passed through multipath channel and AWGN.
If you not understand, please send me your all program in order to correct it.
I hope this will help
shwan

mimo mrc matlab

Hi awan

Pls upload ur main paper....

matlab mrc

please i want programe for MRC

thanks

Re: MRC In matlab

Hi,

I programed a MIMO simulator in Matlab but only for MIMO schemes where number of antennas in Tx are the same than in Rx (multiplexing).

I want to improve the model and I'm starting with receive diversity (easier first ;)), like for example a 1x2 or 1x4 antenna configuration (always for downlink).

To apply receive diversity I can apply MRC, and as Shwan explain this is solved by the next equation:
R(t)=y.*conj(fade);
where y is the received signal
fade is the signal passed through multipath channel and AWGN.

I obtain 'y' thanks to a postprocessing SNR function and I also have a multiphat channel that is only a matrix complex gaussian variables (as many columns and rows as tx and rx).

Sorry but I still don't know how to apply the formula.

For example, for 1x2, i have two received signals, so two 'y', how i can see the SNR gain? the Tx only send one stream, no? so how i can see that the throughput in the receiver is bigger than for a 1x1 configuration?

Thank you in advance

MRC In matlab

hello m sadaf
doing MS in Computer engineering
i have a problem i have 2 tx antenna n 2 rx
now as tx 1 send data to rx1 and rx2 and similiarly tx2 send signal to rx1 and rx2 now rx1 contain two signals now how i could add these two signals in such a way that our data is not lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back