Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with voltage gain

Status
Not open for further replies.

azerty1

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,
I tried to calculate the voltage gain of an NPN transistor diode, but when I do I find my calculates a function of a low pass filter of the 2nd order or is asked to find a function of the first order form F = K / (1 + p * w0)
help me please.
thank you

hello,
I tried to calculate the voltage gain of an NPN transistor diode, but when I do I find my calculates a function of a low pass filter of the 2nd order or is asked to find a function of the first order form F = K / (1 + p * w0)
help me please.
thank you

To me, it is not clear what your problem is.
What is an "NPN transistor diode" ? A tansistor or a diode?

miroir.pngYou will find attached the circuit diagram.
they say in the exercise that the transfer voltage is provided
by bipolar transistors Q1 and Q2. and at least a first approximation, we will consider that the voltage transfer β (s) will be limited in frequency by the transistor Q1 connected in diode.Show that β (p) = K / (1 + p * w0)

- - - Updated - - -

You will find attached the circuit diagram.
they say in the exercise that the transfer voltage is provided
by bipolar transistors Q1 and Q2. and at least a first approximation, we will consider that the voltage transfer β (s) will be limited in frequency by the transistor Q1 connected in diode.Show that β (p) = K / (1 + p * w0)

azerty1, two questions:
* Are both collectors really open circuits?
* If wo should be a frequency and p the complex laplace variable, you will have a problem with units. Check this formula!

not both collectors are not in the air, but they just interest to emettors so they did not put the full scheme.
for the 2nd question, the formula is correct it resemble to the transfer function of a low pass filter of the first order and wo be a pole of the equation.

not both collectors are not in the air, but they just interest to emettors so they did not put the full scheme.
for the 2nd question, the formula is correct it resemble to the transfer function of a low pass filter of the first order and wo be a pole of the equation.

Are you really sure that the formula is correct? Compare the units of "1" and "p*wo" .

yes, I think the formula is correct

yes, I think the formula is correct

OK - in this case I cannot help you.
You should at least be able to use any textbook or internet search to find the correct formula.
Do you know the meaning of the symbol "p"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back