Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with using the ICFB as the topic pages don't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

upengan78

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

my first post here. One of the users wants to use help from the icfb(cadence help menu). once the user clicks on any of the topics, the opera browser opens up but it just shows word "starting " and the actual topic page never comes up.

What must be wrong ? I have full access to user's account so please let me know if any more info is required?

The os is Cent OS 5.2

Thanks

cdsnameserver

Check the console for errors or start cdsdoc from the console and check for errors.

I'm almost sure it will complain about missing libraries and some editing of two files is required to load cdsdoc in CentOS 5.2 (as with most if not all recent distros).

cdsnameserver + linux

R00KIE said:
Check the console for errors or start cdsdoc from the console and check for errors.

I'm almost sure it will complain about missing libraries and some editing of two files is required to load cdsdoc in CentOS 5.2 (as with most if not all recent distros).

Thanks for quick reply rookie, I had already changed the KERNEL line in cdsdoc script to point to the current kernel this OS running on.

# Set variable for Java to run on RedHat Linux 7.1
#
if [ $PLATFORM = "lnx86" ]; then
if [ $ARCH = "x86_64" ]; then
# AMD Opteron RHEE3.0
#LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.19
LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.6.18
export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL
else
#Standard x86 systems
LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5
export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL
fi
fi

As far as cdsdoc from console is concerned, I will attach the images here now. those library errors seems to be of opera than cdsdoc.

I wonder what's going on..[/quote]

how to convert cdsdoc to cdnshelp

Now I have installed seamonkey on this system and crate a symlink for seamokey as netscape.
now when I click on a cdsdoc topic , the browser opens and shows "starting" then another browser opens and opens the page with the topic I clicked on but if I click on any of the links on this page those links fail to work

I get

Failed to connect
The connection was refused when attempting to contact servername:9000

Though the site seems valid the browser was unable to establish connection

I am able to browse other site. If I click on any other topic that topic opens fine but if I click on hyperlink on that page it fails to connect.!!

Is there anything missing ? Also the images don't appear in the webpage for the topic page. Images are enabled thoguth browser config. already.

icfb
Warning: Cannot convert string "-b&h-lucida-medium-r-normal-sans-*-140-*-*-p-*-iso8859-1" to type FontStruct
CDSDoc, version 2.1
Copyright ? 2000-2003, Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_cancel to work

:?:

Please help, Thanks!![/quote]

Added after 2 hours:

Ok I don't know why cdsdoc sucks! atleast version 2.1 on centos 5.2 :D

I created new library for ic5141 using cdnshelp -hierrarchy ...ic5141/doc (this was run as root because root has write access in this doc directory)

then ran cdnshelp ../ic5141/doc/xmlreg/library.lbr and whoa ! now I am at peace!

cdnshelp is far bettter than other cdsdoc.

PS: someone had mentioned that killing cdsNameServer will help solve cdsdoc issue but for me it did not.

Thanks for reading! hope my reply here helps someone who also has this problem. reply to thread if you will need anything from me.

Thanks!

pthread_cancel red hat 5.2

The errors about no being able to load something I've seen before but I don't remember if those are the exact same errors I've seen, maybe I haven't seen them because I don't specify the kernel version.

I use firefox so the symlink points there.

About "LD_ASSUME_KERNEL" I have set it to "LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=" and it works fine like that, but to solve that timeout issue I need to rename that libgcc_s.so.1 (in the cadence folder) and create a symlink to the one in the system. Then all seems to work well.

About cdnshelp .... where did you get it? It's not part or the "normal" ic51 install ... or is it?

cadence cdsdoc problem centos

R00KIE said:
About cdnshelp .... where did you get it? It's not part or the "normal" ic51 install ... or is it?

Thanks for response Rookie, I got cdnshelp in assura612

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back