Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with quartz ABS07 oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbrana

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
in my project I have a pcf8583 connected to quartz abs07 smd I have mounted on board abs07 but the quartz not oscilled ,I have substitued abs07 smd quarz with trough hole quartz and quartz oscille, I don't understand the substituction I can think that it is a problem of capacitor but in the schematic I don' t have capacitor!!!

Re: oscillator problem

1. In the PCF8583 datasheet, a 5 - 25 pF trimmer capacitance is specified. I would be primarly necessary for adjusting the frequency but also influences oscillator behaviour. I would try if a capacitor in this place has a positive effect.

2.ABS07 has a Rs,max spec. of 70k but PCF8583 allows for 40 k only. If Rs is actually above 40k, it may be a reason to have no oscillation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back