Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] problem with layout of resistance and capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask for the process design rule documents, process parameter documents

routig neds to be done through m5 and m6....how to connect m5/m6 to m1 have no contacts to connect m5 to m1 directly nor m6 to m1

You cant connect M1 directly to M5 or M6, you need to make a via stack, in other words: Connect M1 to M2, M2 to M3, M3 to M4, M4 to M5. This is the only way to make a connection between M1 and M5.

i found those contacts to be via5.....
as u say will it connect to metal 1 i tried the connections are not working????

---------- Post added at 15:36 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

sorry its vi5....say now its vi 5 how do i connect it to say poly or metal??

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

vias are usually used in contacts can u let me know in which documents to look to find out what two layers VI5 will connect (i am assuming VI5 is a via)

also can you let me know will ne documents let me know how to connect these instances and how they perform.thn i can ask the vendor to provide us with them!!!

This is a mimcap, MiM stands for metal-insulator-metal so no poly is involved nor present in the layout

Since you see via5 this should suggest you that metal5 and metal6 are involved.

Anyway I had a look use metal 6 for the top plate and metal5 or 6 for the bottom plate

This is a mimcap, MiM stands for metal-insulator-metal so no poly is involved nor present in the layout

Since you see via5 this should suggest you that metal5 and metal6 are involved.

Anyway I had a look use metal 6 for the top plate and metal5 or 6 for the bottom plate

top[ plate as in layout.....

might sound silly but i am a bit confused

c when the layout appears the two column terminal is on the top of the screen and the multi column terminal at the bottom ...but if i think of the layers as one over anather....look at as if its been flattened in one dimention it appears the multi layer terminal is on a metal layer on top of anathermetal layer...that thinking makes it the top layer

so which one is the top layer...
shud i look at it in two dimensions or imagine it in three dimension??

May be this figure (from a different process) may be helpful: View attachment 56408

so i think i have to imagine in three dimension so the multiple column terminal is top layer

---------- Post added at 22:30 ---------- Previous post was at 22:25 ----------

thanks to all three of you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back