Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with icf-c303 alarm clock as it loses all settings after a power cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelmoure

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have this radio clock and I don't know why each time the current went off loses the time. Any sugestion?
This model doesn't have any battery for backup
Some sony model have a dual layer capacitor but I don't see any
Any advice?

Added after 43 seconds:

the picture of the clock

sony icf-c303 replace battery

I have the same problem!
You can download the schematic at the previous post .

Please, let me know if you find the solution....
Thank you

capacitor see c303

I've got one with the same problem. Has anyone come up with a fix?

icf-c303 manual

I downloaded the service manual available here:

The backup capacitor (C44) is located under the shield around the LCD. Unsloder/straighten the tabs on the shield and then lift it away. The service manual incorrectly lists the value as 0.22 uF -- it is actually 0.22 F. You can get replacements at mouser.com or digikey.com.

I didn't want to wait, so I replaced the cap in mine with a 500 uF electrolytic I had available. It provides a few minutes of backup instead of several hours provided by the original.

Reactions: trilliumuser

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

trilliumuser

sony clock radio icf-c303 schematic

I replaced the cap with a 1F 5.5V that I managed to find in a junk store. The clock radio works fine now. Thanks for the board location.

icf-c303 24h

Thanks for all the information. I just opened my clock and had a little difficulty getting everything fixed. First, I want to reiterate that the capacitor is C44 (as stated) and not C65, which is also 2200 uF and is much easier to gain access. I fell into that trap. C44 is hidden under the metallic shield that surrounds the LCD.

Next, I thought you all might be interested to know that my clock didn't have a capacitor in slot C44, it had a battery! Pretty funny, since the whole point of a capacitor was so that I wouldn't have to replace the battery when it dies. I went ahead and put in a capacitor, but I am thinking about just putting in a NiCad battery like I found in there.

Reactions: trilliumuser

V

trilliumuser

icf-c303

I've got the same problem and thanks to the posts here I've found C44.
However in my intitial attempts to find it I stupidly removed the small tube like aluminium coloured component that lies horizontally under a rounded piece at the back of the LCD shield.
I've put it back but now the clock doesn't work so I've presumably messed this component up.
The problem is, what is it?
The marking on it is "KD81K" then underneath that is "769-11".
Is it some sort of very low value capacitor and if so what value?
It doesn't have any polarity marking that I can see.
I'd be grateful for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back