Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with extracting layout of high poly resistor (LVS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

longstar

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Who has used SMIC 0.18um Mixed Signal process? And now, I use a high poly resistor(hrppro). The layout of this type resistor can not be extracted, and the LVS cannot be made.Because the nets about the two terminals of the resistor is short circuit.That is ,the risitor volume is zero. But it is impossible.So what happened it is?Who can help me?thanks a lot.
Rgds.
longstar

help me about layout

a) ask foundry for the extraction / LVS deck
b) check if all the layers are present in your layout - even pcells are sometimes wrong.
c) check the version of the PDK and if you have older version look at the release notes for the new ones - perhaps they did fix for this.

Re: help me about layout

You must be using an improper pcell. Check it out first. then try to draw a resistor manually and see if it can be extracted. Sometimes if a dummy layer or something similar is missing, it does not get extracted .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back