Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with cadence in linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazemafify

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i installed Cadence tools in my /usr/local correctly and it run but i installed linux again and when define environment variable to make Cadence work it give me error.
the error is " *ERROR* Failed to find either 24-bit TrueColor or 8-bit PseudoColor Visual.
*WARNING* Failed to find either 24-bit TrueColor or 8-pbit PseudoColor Visual.
"
plz help me

I think this is a problem with the VGA card. You need to increase the scren resolution into 24 bit. This can be done by GUI ( system tools --> display ) [ i am not quite sure of this but u can find display related menus in the redhat's start menu ]

hazemafify

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
that the display setting
this problem is common when a VNC is used

hazemafify

I have ever installed Mandrake on several PCs. Sometimes it is configured with 24-bit color automatically. Sometimes it is configured with 16-bit color and can't be changed to 24-bit by GUI. But modifying /etch/X11/XFree86config-4 can sometimes solve the problem.
Just for you reference.

hazemafify

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back