Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with analyzing 3mb avi in Matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_tek7

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all.I want to read an avi file in matlab (it's about 3 mgbyte) but i recieve an error:eek:ut of memory.My ram is 256mb and I,ve got 5 gB free space on HDD.Whta can I do?Is there any way in matlab to read it part by part?

increase memory matlab

MATLAB probably decompressed the movie to 24-bit RGB. That could cause a huge increase in size.

If you are using the 'aviread' function, try the 'index' parameter to read a small range of frames.

Also try the 'mmreader' function. It may have better features for you. I haven't tried it.

matlab increase memory

too small RAM for Matlab, try increase your pagefile... or just increase your RAM... :p

out of memory matlab

Simply increase the size of the page file. That will be a quick fix. In the long run however I would suggest that you upgrade the RAM.

increase matlab memory

3Mb is still dificult to be analyzed by Matlab. Try to divide that file into some parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back