Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with a small HiFi stereo system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogdi

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have this HiFi model AEG MC 4402 CD. The problem is with it's LCD screen. When I switch the device on the screen works fine. After 4-6 hours if I turn it off and on again the screen still light up but the black letters are not showing up. It's just the blue screen with nothing going on. If I leave it be, the next day It will work just fine for as long as it take to shut it down and turn it on again. I searched on google but the only results were the selling points of this model. Does anyone have an idea or a hint of what might cause that problem?

Might be related to overheating, or power supply, or static charge. The unit operates for a few hours, while gradually deteriorating in some way. It's not so serious that it halts operation, however it will not start up again a few seconds after shutoff. You need to give it a day to cure itself.

The above is only a vague idea on my part.

- - - Updated - - -

See if you can earth ground the unit. There are simple projects for static charge detectors, using an fet.

Try putting it on a chill pad. There are store-bought types, or substitute ice cubes in a bag.

Do you have access to the power supply? Watch what the voltage does as you operate it for a few hours, and while shut off, and while turning it on, etc.

Also watch the voltage when a motor is running a cd, cassette, phonograph. If these are engaged when you turn it on, it might draw overmuch current from the power supply, causing a voltage drop, and disabling the unit from playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back