Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with a simulation of a patchs arrays in the IE3d

Status
Not open for further replies.

dienal

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Antenna IE3D

Hi all,
I have a problem with a simulation of a patchs arrays in the IE3d. I design a patch array for 2.4 GHz but it don't have a good VSWR.
In the examples of IE3D, it have a array patch and to adapt the microstrip use other concept in the trafo line and I don't understand this due to that it not utilize lambda 0 (lambda in the free space) nor lambda in the dielectric.

Thanks for all,
Dienal

Re: Antenna IE3D

Dear Dienal,
I really dont undrestand what u sed. how is the array feed? how much are they? how you model the array? (boundries, separate feed and patches, or complete), and finally, what is your problem with lambda0?

urs, mamadreza

My principal problem is the adaptation line in the patch array between each patch, because I use a formula to calculate the adaptation line and obtein one results, but I compared my calculus with other examples and it are different. I think that I have a problem with the data (I use lambda in the free space and lambda in the dielectric and none that a result of the examples).

I don't know what is my problem.

Thanks,
Dienal

Dear dienal,

I think you better use efficient permittivity, considering the effects of substrate and upperpatch substrate(and maybe superstrate). there are a lot of formulas in handbooks, if you want, I can mention some of them for you. more over, do you considering mutual coupling effetcs too?. please let me know more precisely about yor array, its feeding technic, and the number of patches you use.

rgrds, murti

mamali said:
Dear dienal,

I think you better use efficient permittivity, considering the effects of substrate and upperpatch substrate(and maybe superstrate). there are a lot of formulas in handbooks, if you want, I can mention some of them for you. more over, do you considering mutual coupling effetcs too?. please let me know more precisely about yor array, its feeding technic, and the number of patches you use.

rgrds, murti

why? if i3de has some problem?

lpgoal said:
why? if i3de has some problem?

dear lpgoal,
i advise him in analitical expressions he used, not in ie3d. ie3d (if truly used), make perfect results. i think he had some problems with analitical expressions, hope they solved :)

your friend,
murti

Hi mamali,
My patch array have 16 elements and is a coaxil feed.
I am reading other books for this because my problem are the microstrip feeding between patchs.
I would like to recommend me others books.

Thanks for all,
Dienal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back